I am a human-centered designer. With ten years of leadership experience and a long-standing commitment to social impact, I excel at viewing complex systems holistically. I contribute solutions that are purposeful, powerful, and a pleasure to experience.
UX Lead, Case Commons
Jul. 2013 - present
Lead a team of five in research and design for complex, data-informed software products and sales materials for the child-welfare domain.
- 2014 Design for Experience Award for best Public Sector Application.
Sr. Interactive Designer, Interbrand
Feb. 2012 - Jul. 2013
UX and visual designer for brand management products. Clients included: AT&T, HBO, HSBC, Hyatt, Mercedes-Benz, Qualcomm, State Farm, TD.
- Streamlined processes to reduce product launch time from ten days to three.
- Redesigned product offerings and marketing website to meet responsive design standards.
Creative Director, Columbia University Center for New Media Teaching & Learning
Dec. 2004 - Feb. 2012
Led a team of two in research and design of multimedia applications for use in academic, clinical and community contexts.
- 2009 Award for Archival Innovation for Mapping the African American Past.
Creative Designer, AIG Corporate e-Business
Apr. 2002 - Dec. 2004
Branding, visual design and HTML/CSS for web and online marketing initiatives for more than fifty global business units.
- E-mail campaigns regularly generated several hundred thousand dollars in revenue.
- Defined and implemented corporate-level online branding standards.
Art Director, AIG Human Resources
Aug. 1998 - Apr. 2002
Translated existing processes into the internet space for corporate HR and training.
- Renegotiated vendor contracts, saving AIG several million dollars.
- HR-magazine award for web-based training on Discriminatory Harassment.
Feb. 1997 - Aug. 1997
Account assistant for mid-sized direct marketing agency. Clients included: American Express, Swissair, Nationwide Insurance.
Development Coordinator, Big Apple Circus
Aug. 1996 - Dec. 1996
Administered volunteer program. Planned gala events and managed several hundred active volunteers.
MFA Coursework, School of Visual Arts (SVA)
Design for Social Innovation.
Member of first cohort. Completed 5 courses.
BA, Tufts University
Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
Major: American Studies, Minor: Studio Art.
Study Abroad, School for International Training
Independent Study of community arts in Ecuador.
Focused on the impact of programs in a men’s prison, a school for working boys and a rural sanitation department.
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design Validation
- Client Management
- Team Management
- Process Improvement
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Written & Oral Communication
- Presentation & Speaking
Comedic performer and former tightrope-walker, trapeze artist, and clown with several touring circuses. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College graduate. Four-time winner of the Coney Island Mermaid Parade. Runner: New York City Marathon and numerous half-marathons. Yogini and 5Rhythms dancer. World traveler.